Information Technology (IT) is a new and rapidly growing computing field with an emphasis on knowledge combined with practical, hands-on expertise.
The Bachelor of Science in Information Technology degree program is an international curriculum focused on students both an understanding of theory and technical competencies in the field of it. The IT program provides students with the training and knowledge needed to meet current and future IT challenges. Professional courses include topics related to organizational issues and information systems, application technologies, software methods and technologies, systems infrastructure, and computer hardware and architecture. The curriculum is designed to produce graduates who are ready to function in IT positions with the competencies and skills necessary to succeed in today’s workplace.
Open to Innovation
The Information Technology (IT) program aims to produce graduates with a strong IT background who are capable of applying more than IT skills and knowledge to meet today’s business and IT challenges.
- Provide students with theory and practice with an international curriculum.
- Provide students with the set of advanced learning outcomes that meet market needs.
- Provide students with internship courses to take on early profession positions in IT.
- Provide students with R&D to pursue research or graduate studies in the field.
- Classes taught entirely in English by professors with international experience
- Preparation for an international career
- Small classes, personal advising, individual attention
- Make friends with a diverse group of students from many countries and cultures
- The chance to study multiple foreign languages
- Professional support services, career counseling, and job connections
- Internships and study abroad at partner institutions in Asia, Australia, and the USA
- Safe, comfortable and in expensive lifestyle in Chiang Mai
- Easy access to Bangkok and neighboring countries
- Computing and research facilities in a major university
- An ability to analyze a problem, identify and define the computing requirements, and design and implement its solution to meet desired needs
- An ability to use and apply current technical concepts and practices in the core information technologies, and engage in continuing professional development
- An ability to effectively integrate IT-based solutions, best practices and standards, into the user environment.
- An ability to function and communicate effectively as a team to accomplish a common goal with a range of audiences.
- An ability to understand professional, ethical, legal, social issues and responsibilities.
Database Administrator / Developer, Computer Graphic Designer, Digital Content Creator / Editor, IT Support, IT Security Analyst / Engineer, Network Administrator / Engineer, Programmer / Software Developer, System Analyst, Web Designer / Developer, Webmaster.